A heat pump can save as much as 30% to 40% of the electricity you use for heating.
If you use electricity to heat your home, consider installing an energy-efficient heat pump system. Heat pumps are the most efficient form of electric heating in mild and moderate climates, providing two to three times more heating than the equivalent amount of energy they consume in electricity.
Air source heat pumps are recommended for mild and moderate climate regions, 那里冬天的温度通常保持在30华氏度以上. Ground source (also known as geothermal) heat pumps are more efficient and economical to operate when compared to conventional air-source heat pumps, 特别是在冷热负荷相似的气候条件下.
Three types of heat pumps are typically available for residences: (1) air-to-air, (2)水源, (3)地源. 热泵从空气中收集热量, 水, 或者在你家外面研磨，然后集中在室内使用. Heat pumps operate in reverse to cool your home by collecting the heat inside your house and effectively pumping it outside.
Heat pumps have both heating and cooling ratings-both in terms of capacity and efficiency. Capacity ratings are generally in British thermal unit (Btu) per hour or tons (one ton equals 12,000 Btu /人力资源). 加热 efficiency for air-source heat pumps is indicated by the heating season performance factor (HSPF). The HSPF tells you the ratio of the seasonal heating output in Btu's divided by the seasonal power consumption in Watt-hours. A heat pump can supply 2 to 3 times as much heat as it consumes in electricity because it moves energy from outside to inside (or vice versa). 热泵效率随室外温度的变化而变化. The performance of an air source heat pump in heating mode decreases with the drop in outside air temperature. 实际的季节效率(与评级相反)是, 因此, 在温和气候下比在严寒气候下更高.
In the cooling mode, a heat pump operates exactly like a central air conditioner. The seasonal energy efficiency ratio (SEER) is analogous to the HSPF but tells you the seasonal cooling performance.
- Heat pumps must be sized and installed properly to work efficiently. Heat pumps are sized for either the heating demand or cooling demand, depending on which implies the larger unit (almost always cooling). 然而, heat pumps do not perform well over extended periods of sub-freezing temperature and it may not be cost-effective to meet all your heating needs with an air-source heat pump.
- Ground source heat pumps (GSHPs) are more efficient and less noisy than conventional air-source heat pumps. 尽管地源热泵的安装成本更高, the dramatic improvement in efficiency can yield attractive life cycle cost savings. 然而, 地源热泵的适宜性取决于你的地块的大小, 底土和景观的条件, and sometimes the relative magnitudes of summer cooling and winter heating requirements.
- 选择HSPF较高的热泵. For units with comparable HSPF ratings, check their steady-state rating at -8.3℃，低温设置. 等级越高的机组效率越高.
- 选择具有需求除霜控制的热泵. This will minimize the defrost cycles thereby reducing supplementary and heat pump energy use.
- 选择室外声音等级为7的热泵.6铃或更低. 数值越低，室外机噪声越小.
- If installing a heat pump in an existing home without an existing heat pump or air conditioner, 管道系统可能需要扩大. Heat pump systems generally require larger duct sizes than other central heating systems. 为热泵的正常运行, airflow should be 50 to 60 liters per second per kilowatt-hour or 400 to 500 cubic feet per minute per ton of cooling capacity.
- 如果给电炉加热泵, the heat pump coil can usually be placed on the cold (upstream) side of the furnace for the greatest efficiency.
- 风扇和压缩机有噪音. 室外机应远离窗户和邻近的建筑物. 有些设备在振动时也会发出噪音. You can reduce this noise by selecting quiet equipment or by mounting the unit on a noise-absorbing base.
- 不要在晚上手动设置热泵的恒温器. 没有专门为热泵装置设计的恒温器, the electric resistance backup heat will engage when the thermostat is raised in the morning, 导致更高的能源消耗.
- 每月或根据需要清洗或更换过滤器一次, 并根据制造商的说明12bet系统. Filter and coil maintenance have a dramatic impact on system performance and service life. 肮脏的过滤器、盘管和风扇会减少通过系统的气流. Reduced airflow decreases system performance and can lead to compressor damage if it continues for an extended period.
- Clean and lubricate the fan motor annually to ensure the required airflow is provided for proper operation. 同时检查风扇转速. 不正确的滑轮设置, 宽松的风扇皮带, 或者不正确的电机速度都可能导致性能不佳.
- 室外机应防强风. 大风可能会引起融霜问题，从而降低效率. 然而, outdoor units should not be placed in restricted areas that will result in recirculation of air over the coil.