如果你使用的是煤油加热器，那么美国的热水器就会被使用.S. Consumer Product 安全 Commission and the National Kerosene Heater Association advise you to follow these suggestions in order to minimize the risk of fire and potential health effects from indoor air pollution.
- 只使用水清1k级煤油. 不要使用汽油. 汽油和煤油不一样. Even small amounts of gasoline or other volatile fuels or solvents mixed with kerosene can substantially increase the risk of a fire or an explosion.
- Always store kerosene in a separate container intended for kerosene, not in a gasoline can or a can that has contained gasoline. This helps you avoid using contaminated fuel or the wrong fuel by mistake. Kerosene containers are usually blue; gasoline containers are usually red.
- When purchasing kerosene at the pump, make sure to use the kerosene pump, not the gasoline pump. Some service stations have separate islands for kerosene. Some oil companies have also established quality control programs to minimize the chances of gasoline contamination of kerosene.
- 1-K grade kerosene should be purchased from a dealer who can certify that what is being sold is 1-K. State operated and private sector certification programs that ensure the quality of kerosene are established in some states. Grades other than 1-K can lead to a release of more pollutants in your home, 可能会对健康造成威胁. Different grades of kerosene can look the same so it is important that the dealer certify that the product sold is 1-K grade kerosene.
- 千万不要在家里给暖气加油. 户外加油, 远离易燃材料, and only after the heater has been turned off and allowed to cool down. Do not refuel the heater when it is hot or is in operation. 不要加满超过“满”标记的油箱. The space above the "full" mark is to allow the fuel room to expand without causing leakage when the heater is operating.
- In case of flare-up or if uncontrolled flaming occurs, do not attempt to move or carry the heater. 这会使火更旺. If the heater is equipped with a manual shut-off switch, activate the switch to turn off the heater. If this does not extinguish the fire, leave the house immediately and call the fire department. 作为额外的提醒和预防措施, install at least one smoke detector near each sleeping area or on each level of the house.
- Reduce your exposure to indoor air pollutants by properly operating and maintaining your portable kerosene heater. Although portable kerosene heaters are very efficient in the burning of fuel to produce heat, low levels of certain pollutants such as carbon monoxide and nitrogen dioxide are produced. Exposure to low levels of these pollutants may be harmful, especially to inpiduals with chronic respiratory or circulatory health problems. To assure that you and family members are not exposed to significant levels of these pollutants, you should follow carefully the following rules of safe operation:
- Operate your heater in a room with a door open to the rest of the house.
- Open an outside window approximately one inch to permit fresh air to effectively
- dilute the pollutants:if you must operate your heater in a room with the door closed to the rest of the house, or
- 如果你的家比较新，比较紧凑, or older but has been winterized to reduce air infiltration from the outside.
- Always use your heater according to the manufacturer's instructions, making sure that the wick is set at the proper level, 按照制造商的指示.
- Make sure the wick in your heater is clean and in good operating condition by following the cleaning and maintenance procedures recommended by the manufacturer.
警告: Improper fuel may cause pollution and sooting of the burner. 只使用清水否. 1 k煤油.
危险: 爆炸的风险. 请勿在此加热器中使用汽油.
警告: 室内空气污染的风险. 只在通风良好的地方使用此加热器. 详见操作说明.